Are you thinking of switching to at-home teeth aligners but aren't sure if they're right for you? Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
At-home teeth aligning treatments have gained immense popularity in recent years, leaving everyone wondering whether they can also achieve their dream smile from the comfort of their homes.
So here’s what you need to know before you start your smile transformation journey.
What are Clear Aligners?
They are transparent plastic trays designed to straighten teeth and improve the overall alignment of your jaw just like braces. However, unlike traditional braces, which use metal brackets and wires, Caspersmile aligners are made of BPA-free, smooth plastic that fits snugly over your teeth and gradually shifts them to the desired position.
How do at-home teeth Aligners work?
Each aligner exerts a slight pressure on your teeth to readjust their position and help you gradually progress toward your dream smile. One of the best parts of Caspersmile is that you don’t have to commit to anything unless you’re sure. The whole treatment plan is mapped out in advance by our Smile Specialists and approved by a US-trained and licensed orthodontist.
After receiving your dental impressions, a digital preview of your step-by-step treatment is developed. Only once you’re delighted with the expected results, we proceed with the fabrication of your customized at-home invisible aligners. Depending on your unique requirements, you’ll receive several sets of custom-made Capersmile aligners, instructed to be worn for 10-12 days each. Generally alignment issues are resolved within 3-5 months.
Are aligners more effective than braces?
Clear aligners offer an equally effective alternative to metal braces, boasting enhanced aesthetic appeal and superior comfort, while also promoting better oral hygiene.
- Comfort - Everyone’s aware of the discomfort associated with metal braces. Rest assured that all of our clear aligners are gum line trimmed and they’re very gentle on your teeth and other soft tissues.
- Convenience - Among the numerous other benefits, convenience is one of the key factors for aligners. With clear aligners, you have the flexibility to remove them while eating and brushing your teeth which makes it easier for you to keep healthy oral hygiene.
- Discretion - For people who are concerned about their appearance, clear aligners are the perfect solution. Our at-home invisible aligners allow them to achieve a straighter smile without the visibility and maintenance associated with traditional braces. Hooray! Now you can have a vibrant social life without drawing too much attention to your teeth.
- No more costly in-office visits - Yes! Our treatments are designed to give you a complete at-home teeth straightening experience. We ship all the required customized aligners and retainers to your doorstep, whereas with traditional braces, frequent dental visits are necessary, typically on a monthly basis, to undergo fittings, wire adjustments, or repairs in case of bracket breakage.
Points to Remember
- It is imperative to maintain discipline by wearing your aligners for 20-22 hours daily. Failure to do so will prolong the treatment duration and compromise the outcome. Follow the instructions provided to you by our Smile Specialists to get the best results.
- Regularly assess the fit of your aligners and promptly communicate any concerns to our Smile Specialists.
- Our treatment plan focuses on people with mild to moderate crowding, spacing, and general alignment issues. In case of severe malocclusion, we’ll guide you to get an assessment done by a dental specialist in your area.
Am I a candidate?
Casper Assessment has simplified the process of analyzing your eligibility for clear aligners. Just answer a few quick questions and find out if the at-home clear aligners are the right fit for you or not.
Are invisible aligners easy to take off?
Yes, aligners can be removed comfortably. You can also use the pull tool to take off the aligners.
Are there any dietary restrictions with clear aligners?
No, one of the benefits of invisible aligners is that they can be removed when eating. This means you can enjoy your favorite foods without any restrictions.
Do I need to visit the dentist during the treatment?
You should visit your local dentist regularly if undergoing any other treatment. However, there is no need to make specific visits for teeth alignment.