Congratulations on taking the first step towards a better, brighter smile
Jump to section
We are excited to assist you in transforming your smile permanently. Take the time to carefully read these instructions to ensure you understand everything. If you have any queries, reach out to us via WhatsApp at (866) 3-SMILE-1
Your case number on our database
Step number indicating the order in which you should use your Caspersmile clear aligners
Please be aware that certain steps in the process may only include one aligner. This is because certain teeth require more movement than others. Remember that each mouth is different and your treatment was made 100% for you.
Learn to correctly identify the parts of the labeling of each bag of aligners
Wear your clear aligners for at least 22 hours a day
Switch to a new set of aligners every 10 days
Wash your hands before wearing aligners
Place and remove aligners using both hands
How to wear clear aligners
How to remove clear aligners
Wash your hands with soap and water before you take your aligners off.
Use your index finger to gently pull the corner of the aligner from the last tooth.
Before attempting to remove the aligner, repeat the same on the opposite side.
Once the aligner is released, pull it gently from the center using both hands.
Rinse it with lukewarm water. Wait for it to dry well. Put it in your case right away.
Once you are done with one aligner, repeat the process with the other aligner.
How to take care of clear aligners
- Always keep your Caspersmile aligners in their case! Avoid leaving them on napkins to prevent them from getting misplaced.
- Do not take your next-step aligners out before it's time to use them. Store them in their bag until you're ready to use them.
- Keep the aligners in their pouch once you've finished using them until the entire course of treatment is complete.
- Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and some neutral soap to clean them. Using a hard brush can damage the plastic.
- Brush them from the inside out. It is easier the clean the outer surface while you are wearing your aligners.
- Rinse them well with lukewarm water. Never clean them with hot water. It can damage your aligners or alter their shape.
Keep them transparent
- DO NOT soak them in mouthwash.
- DO NOT wear them while drinking colored liquids.
- DO NOT use denture cleaners.
Hygiene and oral care
Always remember to remove the aligners to eat and drink anything other than water.
Brush your teeth and floss after every meal or snack before putting the aligners back on.
If you don't have a brush or floss, rinse your mouth thoroughly and clean the aligners under the water jet.
With Caspersmile, you don't need to see your orthodontist every month to modify your treatment.
Dos and Don'ts
- When not in use, always keep your aligners in their case.
- Always floss and clean your teeth before putting on your aligners.
- Keep your aligners out of the sun and other harsh conditions.
- Clean your aligners before using them.
- To clean your aligners use warm or cold water.
- To take better care of your teeth, use a soft bristle brush.
- Don't use sharp objects to remove aligners.
- Don't leave the aligners lying around. Always use case.
- Don't use hot water to clean them; you can damage them.
- Do not use a denture cleaner or rinse with mouthwash.
- Do not use your aligners while eating or drinking.
- Don't bite your aligners. This can damage them.
Fix. Align. Retain
Don’t let your teeth revert to their previous position after your treatment ends. Retainers are the only method to keep your smile in place and safeguard your investment. Your first set of retainers comes with your aligner plan. Wear your retainers for 22 hours a day for the first 6 months, and start wearing them solely at night for the next 6 months.
Need more help?
Does the treatment hurt?
It is normal to feel discomfort when starting treatment. It's a sign that your teeth are moving and the aligners are working. Usually, the discomfort will go away after the first few days. If you think the pain is excessive, contact us immediately.
Does using clear aligners affect the way I speak?
As with any orthodontic treatment, you may have a lining at the beginning of your treatment. Once your tongue gets used to the aligners, it'll disappear.
What if an aligner doesn't match my teeth?
Caspersmile's treatment is done from a model of your teeth in their current position. Each step is different from the previous one to move them until the teeth are in the right place. The first few days are expected to not fully fit until the teeth settle. If you think an aligner needs alignment, write to us.
Are there food restrictions like with clear aligners?
No, the Caspersmile aligners can be removed to eat, so you don't need to change your diet during treatment.
Did you lose an aligner or retainer?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.