What is Caspersmile?
Caspersmile does not operate as a dental group or healthcare provider. Instead, it offers its users the opportunity to connect with independent dental providers based in the United States.
Protected health information
Please note that if you are using our service through our affiliated professional platforms, we may collect your Protected Health Information that is overseen by HIPAA. HIPAA refers to the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 and is periodically updated. This information is individually identifiable and may be collected directly or through our affiliated platforms. Your “Protected Health Information” is protected by HIPAA.
We may process some health information considered sensitive to provide services to you. Some personal information used by Caspersmile will only be used by our licensed dental care providers, to deliver you the goods and services requested.
Collection & use of information
Information customers provide:
Caspersmile collects information provided by the customer such as sign-up, login details, email, or forms submitted through our website. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address, gender, mailing address, phone number, insurance provider details, bank account numbers, medical history, dental images, date of birth, and payment card numbers.
Children under 18 years of age:
Caspersmile does not purposely gather personal data from users who are younger than 18 years of age and no evident permission from their parents or guardian is given. The company facilities are not intended for under-aged individuals. Please refrain from using our services if you are not 18 years of age. Any information received of someone below 18 will be promptly discarded as per company policies.
Information collected from you use of services:
Caspersmile collects some of the following, but not limited to information about you when you interact with our website:
Account information: When you create an account on our website and become a registered user, you provide us with some of your personally identifiable information including name, email, or billing information.
Device information: Our website automatically collects data about devices used to access our services. For example, we may collect information such as geolocation, IP address, contact number, mobile device number, operating system, network, browser language or type, and country from which you are accessing information. In addition to that, we collect information about how you interact with the website, such as number of clicks, pages viewed, amount of time spent on each page, platform type, referring and exit pages, the time and date of use, error logs, and more. This information may be collected with the help of third-party analytics technologies and providers.
Location information: Caspersmile may collect general information about your location, such as zip code, IP address, GPS-based functionality and more. We use this information to personalize our services for you. For example, if your location indicates that you are accessing our website from Chicago, we personalize language, features and advertisements relevant to Chicago. To achieve this we may get assistance from vendors, agents or advertisers. You can disable GPS-based tracking through your device if you do not wish to share this information.
Web beacons: Web beacons are graphic images embedded in an email or web page to collect information about how you use our service, emails and newsletters we send to you and websites of relevant advertisers. Web beacons help us keep track of how our service is being used and helps us improve interest-based marketing.
Website analytics: At Caspersmile we may get website analytics services through third-party vendors to track website relevant activities such as registering mouse movement and clicks, scrolling activity, identifying between web and mobile applications etc. Website analytics do not collect personally identifiable information and do not track your browsing activities.
Device identifier: We may use mobile identifiers to collect personal information such as traffic data, access control, location and address. Identifiers are data stored in your mobile device that helps track various activities on your mobile. We use this to enhance user behavior and demographic relevant services.
Information from third parties
Third parties such as researchers, business partners or marketers may share additional information about you. We may use this information in combination with the information we collect about you to improve the service we provide.
Use of information
Caspersmile uses the information collected about you for the following purposes:
- For the specific reasons you provided the information;
- To contact you as needed or requested;
- To personalize your experience with the Services by providing you with information about products, programs, events, services, and promotions of Company, our affiliates, partners, and/or third parties that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To process and fulfill your purchase from us, including processing payments, communicating with you about your purchase, and providing customer service;
- To provide, maintain, administer, improve, or expand the Services, conduct business analysis, or for other internal purposes that support, improve, or enhance our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- To administer, improve and maintain our services, and perform operational analyses for the purposes to improve our services and products.
- To customize and tailor your experience of the Services;
- To send emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
- To send you news and information about our Services;
- To track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services;
- To better understand who uses the Services and how we can deliver a better user experience;
- To use statistical information we collect in any way allowed by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts;
- To prevent, detect, and investigate security breaches, fraud, and other potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services;
- To protect our rights or property;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services;
- To comply with our own legal obligations and to protect and exercise our legal rights, as necessary;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
Disclosure of information
The following describes how the company shares your personal information:
- We may share your information with dental providers, to provide you the service you have requested.
- With third-party vendors to provide, improve and maintain company services including performing services on your behalf.
- During or after the sale of company assets, merger, acquisition, financing, dissolution or bankruptcy of our business.
- With your consent. Caspersmile may disclose non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
Accessing your personal information
You may update and access your personal information on our company website anytime you want. You can review and change your information by logging in, and visiting your profile. You can contact us as well to change any errors in the information shared with us. Your request for change may not be implemented immediately, but will be rectified at the earliest. We may not entertain your request if we deem it incorrect or in violation of law and legal requirements.
When you share your personally identifiable information with us to benefit from our services, we may ask you to confirm whether you would like to receive information about our services and promotion, and if you allow us to share your personally identifiable information with business partners, affiliates, and third parties for marketing purposes. When you choose to opt-in, you start receiving information about our products through different mediums of communication, in accordance with your “consent”.
As a customer, you have the right to choose not to receive additional information or allow us to share your personally identifiable information. You can unsubscribe from our marketing-related messages at any time to opt-out of receiving promotions or updates about our services. You can get in touch with us through “contact us” to opt out of receiving these emails or notifications.
If you contact us to opt-out of receiving communications from us, specify clearly which type of communication are you opting out of:
(a) marketing communication
(b) allowing the company to share personally identifiable information to business partners, affiliates, or third parties for marketing purposes
We will implement your request as early as possible. Please note that your request may not be immediately implemented. Also note that if you request us to stop sharing your personally identifiable information, we may not be able to remove it from the databases of third parties or business partners with whom we have already shared the information. To stop third parties and business partners from sending you personalized communication or using your personally identifiable information, please contact them directly or opt for their opt-out options.
Please note that after opting out of receiving marketing communications, you may still receive important operational or administrative messages. We have the right to contact our existing or former customers, under the law for administrative purposes.
Social media sites
At Caspersmile, we are committed to protect your personal information through technical, administrative, legal, and physical safeguards. We take measures to prevent the loss, misuse, theft, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction of your personal information. However, no website on the internet is 100% protected. The company cannot warrant the data security of any information shared with us for the use of our services.
You can protect your personal information by keeping the website and password to the website confidential. We have designed various security checks to ensure your information is protected from unauthorized access and accidental loss. We store all this information you provide to us behind firewalls. Your bank, payment, and health details are encrypted while communication takes place between you and the company.
The security and safety of your information is also dependent on how you use our site. We urge you to protect your personal information by having a strong password and not storing information where the public may have access to it.
Do not track signals
The company may use automated data collection technologies to monitor and track your behavior across websites. We may use this to collect information about your online preferences, and your behavior on third-party or relevant websites. Some browsers allow you to share a signal to online services or websites indicating that they “do not track” your activities. Currently, the company does not honor these signals, and does not change the information collected through these signals.
You may contact Caspersmile through the contact information shared below. If you have any queries about our privacy policies, feel free to contact us. We also entertain any suggestions, feedback, or complaints about our services.